Split Pak™ Remote Refrigeration Systems
Split Pak remote condensing units consist of a condenser coil, compressor, receiver tank and other components assembled on a common base. Remote systems may be used with walk in coolers and freezers.
As the name implies, remote systems are located away from refrigeration equipment, frequently outside a building or on a roof. Remote location allows heat produced from the system to be released outside without increasing inside building temperatures or the air conditioning load.
Split Pak condensing units are specially designed to function in high temperature environments with a standard weather hood to protect from the elements. All components are pre-wired and factory mounted. Compressor choices include hermetic (compressor and motor sealed inside one housing) and compliant scroll (two interleaving scrolls compress refrigerant contained inside). Units that are six H.P. and above used in freezer applications are equipped with the Master Controller electronic controller system as standard.
Split Pak evaporator coils, also referred to as unit coolers, are furnished as part of a remote refrigeration system for walk in coolers and freezers. Their main purpose is to blow cold air inside the walk in structure and keep stored products cool.
Evaporator coils are ready to mount in position on a walk in and are available with air (off cycle) defrost, electric defrost or optional reverse cycle defrost when equipped with the Master Controller Reverse Cycle Defrost system.
Condensing Unit Standard Features
- DOE and SNAP compliant
- HFO blended refrigerants (R448A/R449A)
- Range from 1/4 to 15 H.P.
- Medium temp units available in hermetic and compliant scroll compressor models
- Compliant, energy efficient scroll compressors featured exclusively in low temp units for added reliability
- With or without matching evaporator coils
- Factory assembled on a galvanized steel angle leg base.
- Generously-sized condenser for dependable performance
- Pre-piping kit including sight glass
- Pre-wiring kit (defrost timer standard on low temp models only)
- Preset non-adjustable high and low pressure controls for medium temp units. Non-adjustable high and adjustable low pressure controls for low temp.
- Crankcase heater
- Head pressure control valve ensures proper operation in low ambient conditions
- Suction service valve
- Heavy-duty galvanized steel base
- Liquid line filter/drier
- Pre-wired electrical control panel
- Timer (standard on low temp models only)
- Compressor contactor
- Defrost heater contactor (when required)
- Rifled tubes in condenser add efficiency
- PSC condenser fan motors
- Large liquid receiver (for max. 100 ft. line run)
- One year limited compressor warranty (optional four year extended warranty available)
Condensing Unit Options
- Special voltages
- Insulated and heated receiver (thermostatically controlled)
- Suction accumulator (shipped loose)
- Coated condenser coils
- Oil separator
- Phase loss/low voltage monitor
- Factory pre-assembled evaporator coil (includes factory pre-mounting of thermostatic air control and expansion valve)
- Factory pre-charged system with quick connect liquid and suction line sets up to 50 ft. (specify length when ordering)
- Adjustable low pressure control for medium and high temp units
- Dual pressure control (adjustable)
- Circuit breaker
- Suction filter
- Fan cycling switch
- Pre-mounted solenoid at evaporator
- Liquid line solenoid valve (shipped loose)
- Timer for medium temp units
- Heavy-duty rack base
- Energy saving Master Controller electronic control system (standard on freezer applications 6 H.P. and above)
- Reverse Cycle Defrost option for Master Controller
- Extended four year limited compressor warranty
Evaporator Coil Standard Features
- Properly sized expansion valve
- Room thermostat
- Energy efficient EC motors on single phase coils
- Electric defrost models feature defrost termination/fan delay controls and drain line heaters