Walk In Polyurethane Insulation Savings Calculator
Polyurethane Foam: Best in performance, best for your budget and best for the environment
Walk ins may look similar on the outside but it’s what’s on the inside that counts. The insulation inside walk in panels makes all the difference when it comes to total cost of ownership. What walk in cooler insulation saves you the most? Of the two major types, polyurethane and polystyrene, polyurethane is the better choice.
See for yourself. Select a walk in size in the savings calculator below and find out how much you can save with polyurethane insulated panels.
Please note maximum total floor space is 1200 square feet. Contact your Master-Bilt representative for larger sizes.
Please Select a Size and Type:
As you can see:
- Polyurethane’s greater heat resistant properties mean a refrigeration system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep inside air cold, which saves energy.
- Polyurethane also saves on the upfront cost of refrigeration systems. Because polystyrene panels are not as efficient, they often require a larger refrigeration system to maintain the same consistent temperature inside a walk-in.
- Walk-in coolers and freezers using four-inch-thick panels
- Walk-in coolers based on 35°F temp, floorless, 90°F ambient, 16 hour runtime, 8'7" height with one 36" X 72" door, heavy usage
- Walk-in freezers based on -10°F temp with floor, 90°F ambient, 18 hour runtime, 8'7" height with one 36" X 72" door, heavy usage
- Energy calculations based an average business electricity rate of 13.04 cents/kWh (https://www.saveonenergy.com/business-energy/)
- Refrigeration system sized to handle the BTU/hr load of the walk-in selected (assumes use of refrigeration system sizes offered by RSG)